[Eeglablist] Analysis parameters

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Jul 31 11:31:22 PDT 2013

Dear Lorna,

Wavelet transform at the STUDY level is performed by newtimef(), so it
basically accepts optional inputs for newtimef(). If you want to specify
the window size, there are two ways.
1. Use option 'winsize'; note it conflicts with other options so check out
which overwrites which.
2. Compute it in this way: your lowest frequency x number of cycles. For
example, if 'freqs', [3 128], 'cycle', [3 0.8], then 3 Hz = 333 ms per
cycle and there will be 3 cycles at 3 Hz, which means your window size is
approximately 333 ms x 3 cycles = 999 ms. If 'freqs', [2 128], 'cycle', [3
0.8], your window size will be 1500 ms; if 'freqs', [4 128], 'cycle', [3
0.8], it will be 750 ms.

Makoto