[Eeglablist] Plotting more than one difference wave on one plot

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Fri Aug 23 23:40:03 PDT 2013

Dear Mary-Jane,

there is a solution to do this in the graphic interface (menu item "Plot > Sum/compare ERPs). Then you may check the option to subtract conditions.

At the STUDY level, it is currently not possible to plot differences using the graphic interface. However, plotting differences from the command line is pretty easy. For example, after creating a STUDY and pre-computing ERP, you may calls the function that plots ERP in STUDY (assumes 2 conditions) on channel 'cz' (I copied the first line from the EEGLAB history)

[STUDY erpdata erptime]= std_erpplot(STUDY,ALLEEG,'channels',{'CZ'});
figure;
plot(erptime, mean(erpdata{1},2), 'r'); % plot first condition in red
plot(erptime, mean(erpdata{2},2), 'b'); % plot second condition in red
plot(erptime, mean(erpdata{2},2)-mean(erpdata{1},2), 'k-'); % plot difference in black dashed

That's it. Note that this is what erpdata contains

erpdata =

    [750x12 double]
    [750x12 double]

It is 12 subjects 750 points and 2 conditions.