[Eeglablist] problem of "data buffer overflow"

Sara Assecondi s.assecondi at bham.ac.uk
Thu Nov 14 02:40:36 PST 2013

Dear Min,

We have recently experienced the same 'buffer overflow problem' with our system.
In our case we think (after consulting with the manufacturer) that is a software related problem.

I do not understand what you mean when you say that the buffer overflow does not affect the data: again, in our case, the recording of the data is suspended for few seconds and then it resumes. So there are definitely missing data. One solution for us was to make sure that there were no background processes running on the computer during recording (It seems you are using Recorder, so we probably did the same thing), but I would suggest you check with the manufacturer of the system you are using.  Please keep in mind that you need administrator rights on the computer in order to properly shut down other processes.

We are still testing, but the problem is difficult to reproduce because it does not always happen.

I would very much appreciate if you could let me know how the problem evolve for you, in case you find a solution.

Hope this helps
Thanks
Sara