[Eeglablist] import BDF into EEGLab

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Wed Nov 20 08:52:25 PST 2013

Dear Alberto,

you can reference your data after importing it. It is equivalent to specifying a reference in the graphic interface to import the file.
I would not convert BDF format to EDF. BDF format is 24-bit resolution and EDF is 16-bit resolution. You will loose resolution/signal in your data, and these 6 extra bits can be important.
Your data will be identical in the BDF and the EDF file so any filter required on the BDF file will still be required in the EDF file.

Arno