[Eeglablist] Problem when importing CNT files: eeg_checkset error

Joana Paiva joanaispaiva at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 10:40:56 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm having a problem to load some .cnt files (Neuroscan).
When I try to import .cnt files via EEGlab GUI, I get the following warning
in Matlab:

---
WARNING: The file size on disk does not correspond to the dataset, file has
been truncated (on Matlab command line)

&

eeg_checkset error: the number of frames does not divide the number of
columns in the data. Should EEGlab attempt to abort operation?
---

Then, I press 'cancel' and I could import the data, but when I scroll
through data I can't see any signal in several channels. I also notice that
the EEG struct has some incongruences, because the field 'number of points'
(EEG.pnts) - 821440 - doesn't match with the field 'size of the data'
(EEG.data) - [68x58823 single]. I suppose that the problem is related with
this inconsistence.

I tried to import using the command line (not using the GUI) but it didn't
resolve the problem. I have already selected  too the data from points
[1:end-1] (as was proposed on eeglablist), but the results were the same.

I have already imported those files with BrainVision Analyzer and I was
able to plot and analyze the signals from all the channels. So, I think
that the data are OK but EEGlab isn't definitely able to import the files.

I don't know what causes this error message and I would be grateful if
anyone could help me.

*Joana Paiva*
MSc Student
Biomedical Engineering

Faculty of Sciences and Technology - University of Coimbra