[Eeglablist] Plotting scalp maps (pop_erspparams) - time and frequency range question

Abel, Alyson Alyson.Abel at utdallas.edu
Wed Dec 18 12:56:45 PST 2013

Hello all,

I am trying to plot scalp maps using pop_erspparams but instead of just plotting one specific time and/or frequency, I'd like to do a range for each. Following what it says in the pop_erspparams description (see below), I entered a range for 'Plot scalp map at time' (topotime) and 'Plot scalp map at freq' (topofreqs) but keep getting the following error:

??? Operands to the || and && operators must be convertible to logical scalar values.

Error in ==> std_erspplot at 187
if isempty(opt.plottf) && ~isempty(params.topofreq) && ~isempty(params.topotime) && ~isnan(params.topofreq) &&
~isnan(params.topotime)

Error in ==> pop_chanplot at 266
            eval(a); STUDY.history =  sprintf('%s\n%s',  STUDY.history, a);

??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback

I have searched and don't see a previous email or other description of this problem.
Any advice appreciated,
Alyson Abel

pop_erspparams description:
%  'topotime'    - [float] plot scalp map at specific time. A time range may
%                  also be provide and the ERSP will be averaged over the
%                  given time range. Requires 'topofreq' below to be set.
%  'topofreqs'   - [float] plot scalp map at specific frequencies. As above
%                  a frequency range may also be provided.

Alyson D. Abel, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
Callier Center for Communication Disorders
1966 Inwood Rd.
Dallas, TX 75235
214-905-3156