[Eeglablist] EEG parameterization

Simon-Shlomo Poil poil.simonshlomo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 12:43:51 PST 2013

Dear Ibtissem,

There are several ways you can characterize an EEG signal. The two
basic are frequency and amplitude in different frequency bands (and
spatial location). You can see more here:
http://www.nbtwiki.net/doku.php?id=tutorial:list_of_biomarkers#.UrNWI42E4gg

"Moving EEG waves"? Maybe you should look into EEG microstate analysis
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EEG_microstates - or estimate the EEG
sources at different time points :
http://www.nbtwiki.net/doku.php?id=tutorial:tutorial_dipoles#.UrNaLY2E4gg

Best wishes,
Simon-Shlomo Poil

--
Simon-Shlomo Poil, Dr.

Mobile number: +41 (0)76 399 5809
LinkedIn profile: http://ch.linkedin.com/in/simonshlomopoil/

The Neurophysiological Biomarker Toolbox (NBT): http://www.nbtwiki.net

My latest publications:
Integrative EEG biomarkers predict progression to Alzheimer's disease
at the MCI stage: http://l.nbtwiki.net/19jMuy8

The Amsterdam Resting-State Questionnaire reveals multiple phenotypes
of resting-state cognition: http://l.nbtwiki.net/17yblK7