[Eeglablist] Fw: Filter causality pop_eegfiltnew

Salim Al-wasity salim_alwasity at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 09:04:30 PDT 2014

Dears

According to what have you said that filtering the EEG data destroyed the causality unless we use a casual filter.
1- What kind of filters that EEGLAB has (i.e linear, non-linear, causal and non-casual filter)?
2- I am trying to find the imaginary Coherence and Granger causality of an EEG data set, What kind of filter should I choose?
3- based on Tim's workshop (we shouldn't use any kind of filter with SIFT), how can we remove the 50 Hz noise and the unwanted high frequencies if we assume that the low frequencies will removed by SIFT detrend?

Sincerely
Salim Al-Wasity