[Eeglablist] SIFT - a suitable method for multiple subjects?

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Sun Nov 16 14:49:05 PST 2014

Dear Joshua,

If you want to contact Tim, send email directly to him.

> Firstly, I would wish to ask if there has been any progress on the
group-analysis module for SIFT?

I've heard there was a progress. Tim said he wants someone (me) to test it,
but I haven't heard from him since then.

> Secondly, is it possible to use the centroid components of each cluster
as the measures for SIFT?

No, that does not make sense at all. Multivariate Granger Causality should
be computed on single-trial data.

> Thirdly, in your opinion, would any of the possible solutions suggested
above be a suitable option for group level analysis with SIFT?

Unfortunately no.

Doesn't SIFT now has some kind of group-level analysis already? I thought
Tim implemented a connection to Nima's measure (or network) projection.
Check SIFT and Measure Projection.

Makoto