[Eeglablist] when to re-reference the data

Bin Wang binwang87828 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 01:28:16 PST 2014

Dear all,

One simple question: I would like to try several different reference selections (i.e. average or mastoid), hopefully, I can find a relatively better one. My question is if the re-reference step must be done before epoch the data and artefact removal. Because I want to do all of preprocessing steps and artefact removal, and then apply several different re-reference selections, by this way I don’t need to do all of preprocessing steps again. Does it sound fine? Is there any other artefacts or problems that will be induced by the re-reference of last step.

I am looking forward your any advices

Thank you in advance,

Bin