[Eeglablist] Neuroscan quik-cap 128 channel sensor locations

Daniel Westfall westfall.d at husky.neu.edu
Fri Jun 30 13:10:20 PDT 2017

Hi Everyone,

I am having a few issues with getting the quik-cap 128 sensor locations to
work in EEGLab. Here is a list of the things I have tried.

(here is the .cnt file from myself in case anyone wants to follow along
with my issue
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0EVinjrroSQWFJsVjVTdWpkRXc).

1. Since the 128 channel quik-cap uses the 10-5 system I initially used the
standard-10-5-cap385.elp file. This was able to find the positions of
'most' of the channels. This is the image of the 2-d plot (
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0EVinjrroSQZVl4aWVmaWZpQUU) However,
TPP5h, P11, PO11, POO11h, POO12h, PO12, and P12 did not have locations.

2. As a result, I contacted Neuroscan for their channel locations and
received this file (
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0EVinjrroSQUjBYckVNU0swSW8). However,
this file was not supported by EEGLab so instead I extracted the XYZ
coordinates and created a .ced file and imported those locations (
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0EVinjrroSQUVBjel84eWNYVWs). Because of
axis differences I switched to "Nose along +Y" to correct axis differences.
The 3-D image looks correct (
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0EVinjrroSQNHY5UVNFeGxaRW8) but when I
look at the 2-d plot this is what I see (
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0EVinjrroSQT2ljd1l2ODBOeEE). I attempted
to adjust the positioning using the 'Opt. head center' and have tried both
the 'Optimize center location' and 'specify center' with the coordinates of
Cz and I have ignored channels that have no channel locations. But when I
use optimize center location, nothing changes and when I use the Cz
coordinates I end up with this (
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0EVinjrroSQZVl4aWVmaWZpQUU).

3. The last thing I attempted, after loading the .ced file and correcting
the +Y axis as to 'Rotate Axis' - X (rotate X-Z plane) CZ. Which did not
seem to make a difference either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated to figure out how to get the channel
positions to fit the 2-d headplot.

Thanks,
Daniel