[Eeglablist] ASR Removes my EOG channels

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon May 14 14:14:58 PDT 2018

Dear Hamed,

> For the first time, I disable the third box in ASR ( Remove poorly
correlated channels), so the ASR cleans the data without channels rejection

In this way, ASR may need to clean/reject more portion of data because you
are including channels that are supposed to be rejected.

If you add back the channel rejected after ASR, though, you may introduce
noise in that channel that is supposed to be reduced by ASR. So both
approaches seem to have problems, but probably the latter case is better
than the former; once you reject data, they are lost forever.

You can empirically check which is better rather than 'thinking' which is
better.

Makoto