[Eeglablist] Averaging EEG files with diff channel numbers

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Jan 12 16:25:41 PST 2022

Dear Ellee,

Unfortunately, EEGLAB does not support that operation.
Using Matlab command line, you can do it as follows. Assuming the data are
already epoched to the same length and data dimensions are ch x time x
epochs,

concantenated_data = cat(3, old_data, new_data(1:64, :, :));

Note that I'm using only the first 64 channels for the new data. Thus the
old and new data epochs are concatenated.
Then take an average across epochs,

erp = mean(concatenated_data, 3);

This 'erp' has 64 channels and average potentials.

Makoto