[Eeglablist] AMICA to clean eye blinks on 8-channel EEG

Jason Palmer japalmer29 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 19:01:09 PDT 2022

Hi Ke,

8 channels is probably too few for ICA to effectively separate the EEG
sources. When the number of sources (eye blink, Sacramento, scalp muscle,
heartbeat, brain sources, artifacts, line noise, ....) is greater than the
number of channels, ICA will fail to separate  the sources, e.g. the eye
blinks.

When you have too few channels to isolate the eyeblink in a single source
(you can examine the IC activations), then regression techniques, like
Gratton, may be the best option.

Best,
Jason