[Eeglablist] ERSP stats EEGLAB STUDY

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Fri Jul 8 14:40:10 PDT 2022

Dear Radha,

For the BEFORE/AFTER comparison, I assume the statistical design is a
paired t-test.
In that case, EEGLAB function statcond() use paired t-test by default as
you can see below (taken from statcond help)

    'paired'   = ['on'|'off'] pair the data array {default: 'on' unless
                 the last dimension of data array is of different lengths}.

About one-tailed or two-tailed, statcond() says it uses two-tailed test for
t-test as you can see below.

    'tail'     = ['one'|'two'] run one-tailed (F-test) or two tailed
                 (T-test). This option is only relevant when using the
                 'surrog' input. Otherwise it is ignored.

Makoto