[Eeglablist] Problem with event list

Renzo Lanfranco renzo.lanfranco at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 10:41:24 PDT 2022

Hi all,

Hope someone can help us! When we load our Biosemi datasets in EEGLAB, it
transforms all the integer event labels into strings. Some of them are
transformed the way they should be (e.g., 58 to '58'), while others are
transformed with the word 'condition ' (e.g., 58 to 'condition 58'). In our
lab, by trying different datasets, we have concluded that it's an error in
how EEGLAB deals with Biosemi files.

The EEG.event structure has 4 fields: type, edftype, latency, and urevent.
Here is our question: does anyone have a script that can replace all the
events with their correct numbers? For example, a script that checks each
event and if it's a '58' leaves it as is, but if it's 'condition 58' it
replaces it with '58'?

Thanks so much for your help,
Renzo