[Eeglablist] Error in PREP pipeline

Rebecca Reh rebareh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 09:29:07 PST 2022

Hello all,

I’m getting the following error when I run the PREP pipeline through EEGLab, and I’m hoping someone on this list has some insight into how to fix it!

Error using backupEEGOptions
Cannot backup EEG options. Invalid cross-device link
 Backup options file
 /tmp/tp1c951126_1ef0_43b2_9405_bf562a596b72.m
 Current options file
 ~/eeg_options.m

Error in setupForEEGLAB (line 44)
[backupOptionsFile, currentOptionsFile] = backupEEGOptions();

Error in prepPipeline (line 45)
    [backupOptionsFile, currentOptionsFile, warningsState] = setupForEEGLAB();

Error in preprocessing_pipeline_rsEEG (line 89)
    EEG = prepPipeline(EEG, struct('ignoreBoundaryEvents', true));

It looks like the eeg_options.m file and the location of the tmp/ file are on different drives, but I’m not sure why this has suddenly started being an issue (it was working previously) or how to fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Rebecca Reh
University of British Columbia