[Eeglablist] using pop_eegplot and eeg_eegrej in a script

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 18:04:13 PDT 2011

Sebastian -

Our recent ICA comparison results indicate that AMICA by Jason Palmer at
SCCN is the most effective ICA algorithm for EEG (and perhaps beyond). We
have been working on an AMICA plug-in (though runica/binica came in 2nd in
this test). Jason has been working on a cluster-based implementation since
AMICA is also compute-intensive. You may contact him via his website if
you'd like to test using it.

Scott Makeig

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 8:31 AM, Sebastian Urchs
<sebastian.urchs at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am setting up a pipeline for multi-subject data preprocessing including
> ICA on a cluster. Now in order to clean up the data before running ICA I
> would like to use pop_eegplot() from inside a script that loops through all
> my subjects. I will then halt the script until the pop_eegplot() window is
> closed again and run eeg_eegrej() on the marked data-parts.
>

> Now my questions are:
>

> : First, sliding through a large dataset in pop_eegplot() is not effective
> at the default displayed timerange. Of course this can be changed manually
> each time by pointing and clicking but it would be great if I could hand
> over arguments to pop_eegplot() when it is called that make the displayed
> time range say 50s. I have not managed to change
>

> “eegplotoptions = { 'winlength', 5, 'events', EEG.event };”
>

> arguments from the pop_eegplot.m file itself – could it be that those
> settings are hardwired into the file?
>

> : Second, I am wondering where the arrays with the data marked for
> rejection are stored within the EEG structure. I would then use this
> information to call pop_eegrej() in the script which would make the whole
> rejection process much faster.
>

> Thanks a lot in advance!
>

> Sebastian,
>
> LMU Munich

Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation & Adj. Prof. of
Neurosciences, University of California San Diego, La Jolla CA 92093-0559,
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~scott