[Eeglablist] NFT-2.1 release announcement

Zeynep Akalin Acar zeynep at sccn.ucsd.edu
Mon Jun 27 09:11:41 PDT 2011

Dear EEGLAB and NFT users,

The new version of neuroelectromagnetic forward head modeling toolbox,
NFT-2.1, is now released. This release contains a number of bug fixes and
improvements.

For the ones who are not familiar with NFT, NFT includes:

 1. Segmentation of head images from T1-weighted MR images,
 2. Mesh generation,
 3. Co-registration of electrode locations with scalp,
 4. Warping of a template head model to electrode locations,
 5. Forward problem solution with FEM and BEM,
 6. Single dipole source localization.

You can download the latest NFT package from:
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/nft/

Tutorial slides: http://sccn.ucsd.edu/mediawiki/images/3/3b/NFT_intro.pdf

Note that the FEM solver binary included in the package is compiled for the
SCCN Linux cluster. As the FEM solver uses PetSc, which is a high
performance parallel framework, most users will have to compile the FEM
component from source. Please let me know if you'd like to use the FEM
solver, so I can send you the package with the installation instructions.

Best,
Zeynep.