[Eeglablist] STUDY comparison over sessions

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Tue Nov 4 11:17:23 PST 2014

Dear Renan,

If C is within-subject condition that shared ICA and S is within-subject
but ICA not shared (they should not share it), this could be understood as
a mixed design, which is within-subject condition & group (i.e. treat it as
if it were a between-subject condition, but same distribution) condition.
You should set the STUDY.design in that way.

> 1) If I understood well, each cluster may include components from all S
sessions. How can I identify the session number each cluster component is
related to?

If you open each IC's ERP (for example) in the edit/plot cluster window,
you can see the info. Also, if you open STUDY.cluster(1,3).icaerp (or
something like that) for cluster 3, you can see something like {2,4} which
means you have 2 groups x 4 within-subject conditions (it depends on your
STUDY.design).

> 2) When plotting the dipoles, is it somehow possible to discriminate them
with respect to session number?

The supported method would be to make two designs, one with session 1 and
the other one with session 2. If you want to write code, it could be easier.

Makoto